• London - Fleet Street:020 7965 7226
  • Tier 2 Work Visa

    Employee mobility is crucial to modern business nowadays. You may wish to hire a non-EU worker in the United Kingdom or transfer your overseas employees to the United Kingdom as when needed. For this purpose, you will need to have a sponsor licence in place in order to simply sponsor every migrant employee.


    Tremont Midwest Solicitors take pride in our ability to manage this process for you from conducting the resident labour market test, preparing the documentation of sponsor licence submission, assisting your HR with audit review to obtaining the Tier 2 visa for every single migrant.


    Contact us to understand more of the application procedure and timeline in order to facilitate this daunting process as much as possible.


    Tier 2 work visa 


    Tier 2 General visa
    You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK and you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. A Tier 2 visa will allow you to work for your sponsor for a limited time for the work stated on your Certificate of Sponsorship. This visa can be applied inside of UK or outside of the country. You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the UK. In total, you can stay under Tier 2 General route for up to 6 years in the UK.


    Tier 2 General visa can lead you to settle in the UK after 5 years on this visa if you meet all the other relevant requirements.


    Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa

    A Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is for the companies who wish to transfer their overseas employees to the UK branch for a temporary period of time only.


    There are 4 types of Intra-company Transfer visa.


    1. Long-term Staff:
      This visa is for transfers of more than 12 months into a role that can’t be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
    2. Short-term Staff:
      This visa is for transfers up to and including 12 months into a role that can’t be filled by a new UK recruit. You need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months.
    3. Graduate Trainee:
      This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months’ experience with your employer overseas.
    4. Skills Transfer:
      This visa is for transfers that allow people to gain skills and knowledge needed to perform their role overseas, or to pass on their skills to UK colleagues. You don’t need to have been with your employer overseas for a set period of time.


    Cooling off period

    The ‘cooling off’ period means that most skilled workers who have had entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 migrant at any time during the 12 months immediately before the date of application cannot apply to come to the UK within this period.
    To understand how does this affect your work visa or what should you do before switching your job or visa category, take legal advice before you next move. (internal link to enquiry)


    Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
    You can apply for a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa if all of the following apply:

    • You’re an elite sportsperson or qualified coach recognised by your sport’s governing body as internationally established at the highest level
    • Your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
    • Your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
    • You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
    • You meet the other eligibility requirements


    Tier 2 Priority Service

    You can only use this service if you’re in the UK. You can get a decision on your visa within 10 working days if you apply to extend or switch to a Tier 2 visa using the Priority Service.


    You can even get a decision in one day if you choose to use the premium service at a Visa premium service centre in the UK.

    Our Services
  • Client Testimonials

    • The very first job which I gave to Tremont Midwest Solicitors in London was done very professionally and efficiently. As a totally satisfied customer, I have decided to handover all rest of my legal matters to them as they are professional, capable and competent.

      S.J.L.P.Gedara, Non-Executive Director, CMS Credit Union Ltd.
    • Thank you very much for all your helpful advice which led to me getting my resident status. Since meeting with Tremont Midwest Solicitors in London we have never looked back. They are professional, approachable and extremely patient and kind, and always prompt and willing to answer all of my questions. It has given me peace of mind to know that my case is conducted so professionally. I wholeheartedly recommend Tremont Midwest Solicitors as lawyers who are able to move you efficiently through all the processes that are required by Immigration.