• London - Fleet Street:020 7965 7226
  • EEA Extended Family Members

    If you are an extended relative of an EEA national, you may still be able to get residence in the UK.


    An extended relative could either be:


    • A relative of an EEA national, or their spouse or civil partner who is dependent on them or a member of their household and is accompanying them to the UK or wishes to join them.
    • A relative of an EEA National or their spouse or civil partner who requires the care of them due to having serious health conditions.
    • A relative of an EEA national who would meet the requirements of the immigration rules for settlement in the UK as a dependent relative of an EEA National if they are present and settled in the UK.
    • If you are a partner of the EEA National, other than a civil partner and can prove that you are in a durable relationship with them for at least 2 years.


    If you are granted a permit, this will last for a period of up to 6 months, however as you are an extended family member, you will have to have a family residence permit, which is not the case for direct family members.

    Our Services
  • Client Testimonials

    • The very first job which I gave to Tremont Midwest Solicitors in London was done very professionally and efficiently. As a totally satisfied customer, I have decided to handover all rest of my legal matters to them as they are professional, capable and competent.

      S.J.L.P.Gedara, Non-Executive Director, CMS Credit Union Ltd.
    • Thank you very much for all your helpful advice which led to me getting my resident status. Since meeting with Tremont Midwest Solicitors in London we have never looked back. They are professional, approachable and extremely patient and kind, and always prompt and willing to answer all of my questions. It has given me peace of mind to know that my case is conducted so professionally. I wholeheartedly recommend Tremont Midwest Solicitors as lawyers who are able to move you efficiently through all the processes that are required by Immigration.